Zipper Getting Stuck Hard to Open
If the zipper on your cage does not open easily or is getting stuck, here are a few ideas that might help:
- Candle:Rub a white candle along each set of teeth. Move the slider up and down to spread out the wax. Then, wipe off any excess with a paper towel or cloth.
- Lip Balm: If you’ve got a spare stick of lip balm hanging around, use it to care for your zipper. Follow the same method as the candle.
- Olive Oil: Place a few drops of olive oil inside the slider (not too much to make a mess). Then work the slider up and down the teeth to spread the oil across the chain. Wipe off any excess.
- Pencil: For more sensitive zippers, you may want to try using a graphite pencil. Rub the graphite up and down the teeth and it will act as a lubricant for the slider. Crayons also work.
- Windex: The same Windex you use to clean your windows and mirrors acts as an excellent lubricant for zippers. You can spray the zipper and fabric around it with the cleaning solution and work the slider up and down the teeth. Be careful not to use this method on materials that you deem sensitive, as discoloration can occur
If those solutions don't work, please contact customer service so we can send out a new one: firstname.lastname@example.org